Pronounced as “keen-wah”, is a South American staple grown in Peru. Naturally gluten-free, quinoa does not belong to the same family as wheat, barley, oats or rye. n the recent past, the Peruvian government has been giving incentives to farmers to increase the production of quinoa and other similar crops because of their outstanding nutritional qualities.
Some of the health benefits:
- Promotes weight loss.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Protects the heart.
- Fights inflammation.
- Helps fight diabetes and hypertension.
- Aids In anemia treatment.
- Enhances digestive health.
- Strengthens hair follicles.
Rich in: Vitamins B1, B2, B6, E, folate, copper, iron, zinc, manganese, phosphorus.
Great for: Add to salads, swap for rice, breaded chicken.