Cultivated for thousand of years, chia seeds (Salvia hispanica) comes from the flowering plant of the mint family. These small but mighty seeds are the ultimate superfood for health and wellness, and are grain and gluten free.
Some of the health benefits:
- Increase the good cholesterol.
- Reduce triglycerides and bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Promote the regeneration of damaged muscles & tissues.
- It reduces insulin resistance.
- Boost metabolism, promoting lean muscle mass.
- Regulates appetite and sleep.
- Help to cleanse and soothe the colon.
- Improve memory and concentration power.
Rich in: Vitamins A, B, E and D, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, copper and zinc.
Great for: Egg substitute, healthy pudding, making grain free crackers, toppers